2016-17 NAIA Men's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll — No. 6 (May 4)
By Spencer Scheve, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. – For the eighth-straight poll, the ten-time national champions Oklahoma City capture the No. 1 spot in the final regular-season NAIA Men's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Thursday. The Stars earned 20 first-place votes and 360 total points to remain in control. The postseason Top 25 Poll will be released on Friday, May 26.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||LAST^||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City (20)||560|
|3||3||Dalton State (Ga.)||531|
|5||5||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||487|
|6||6||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||470|
|7||8||William Woods (Mo.)||450|
|8||10||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||424|
|12||14||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||362|
|13||12||William Jessup (Calif.)||349|
|18||22||Grand View (Iowa)||251|
|19||19||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||223|
|20||16||Mount Mercy (Iowa)||218|
|22||19||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||205|
|23||24||Webber International (Fla.)||155|
|24||21||St. Thomas (Fla.)||124|
Receiving Votes: Reinhardt (Ga.) 83; Missouri Valley 74; Faulkner (Ala.) 62; The Master's (Calif.) 53; Madonna (Mich.) 53; Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 25; Marian (Ind.) 22; St. Andrews (N.C.) 18; Bellevue (Neb.) 18; Cumberland (Tenn.) 8; Point Park (Pa.) 3