NAIA Women’s Soccer Players of the Week – No. 1 (Sept. 6)
By Spencer Scheve, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. - Amanda Blixt of Keiser (Fla.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Abby Baravik of William Carey (Miss.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the National office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Amanda Blixt, Keiser (Fla.)
5-8, So., MF, Sodra Sandby, Sweden
• In three matches last week, recorded four goals and four assists, tallying 12 points in three victories.
• Blixt tallied at least one point in each of Keiser’s victories over the weekend.
• She recorded her first career hat trick against Columbia (S.C.) on Friday, Sept. 2.
• Blixt helped lead Keiser to a 3-0 shutout over No. 22 Reinhardt (Ga.) by netting one goal and dishing two assists.
• Ranks No. 3 in the NAIA in both total assists and assists per game.
• First career NAIA National Offensive Player of the Week award.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Abby Baravik, William Carey (Miss.)
5-9, So., GK, Laurel, Miss.
• Posted two shutout victories in 270 minutes of action and tallied 19 saves, while allowing only one goal in three games.
• Notched a 4-0 victory over No. 2 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) on Aug. 29, and a 2-0 victory RV Columbia (S.C.) on Sept. 3
• Averages a 6.33 save rating and 0.33 goals allowed per game.
• The only goal Baravik allowed was in an 1-0 loss against No. 22 Reinhardt.
• First career NAIA National Defensive Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Martha Noelker, Stephens (Mo.) ; Nicole Broderick, Tennessee Wesleyan ; Denim Belville, Soka (Calif.) ; Lauren Aldana, Southern Oregon ; Jenna Zelm, Judson (Ill.) ; Bailey Zehr, Taylor (Ind.) ; Haley Bruce, Vanguard (Calif.) ; Nayeli Rodriguez, Midland (Neb.) ; Nicki Noreen, Central Methodist (Mo.) ; Amy Morland, Georgia Gwinnett ; Ana Gonzalez, Ottawa (Kan.) ; Taylor Beals, Campbellsville (Ky.) ; Mariana Sanches, St. Thomas (Texas) ; Emily Hubbuch, Asbury (Ky.) ; Jastin Redman, John Brown (Ark.) ; April Stewart, William Carey (Miss.) ; Kelly Capoccia, Madonna (Mich.)
Defensive Nominees: Rebecca Sturgess, William Woods (Mo.) ; Taylor Asher, Reinhardt (Ga.) ; Rhea Hartwell, Soka (Calif.) ; Kylie Moltzen, Southern Oregon ; Alex Perry, Saint Xavier (Ill.) ; Ashley Timmons, Spring Arbor (Mich.) ; Kaylin Swart, Menlo (Calif.) ; Chrissy Lind, Concordia (Neb.) ; Ellen Loughman, Benedictine (Kan.) ; Sophie Hoare, Georgia Gwinnett ; Naysla Munoz, Ottawa (Kan.) ; Christie Funk, Cumberlands (Ky.) ; Margie Garcia, Bellevue (Neb.) ; Rachael Bell, St. Thomas (Texas) ; Brooke Perkins, Asbury (Ky.) ; Kristen Morency, John Brown (Ark.) ; Olivia White, Keiser (Fla.) ; Nadine Stonjek, Northwestern Ohio
Week 1 (September 07): Abby Baravik, William Carey (Miss.) , Amanda Blixt, Keiser (Fla.)