2017 NAIA Men's Lacrosse National Players of the Week - No. 7 (April 11)
By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Will McKinney of Indiana Tech was selected as this week’s NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week, while Austin Ambrose of Reinhardt (Ga.) is this week’s National Defensive Player of the Week. They were selected for their performances during the week of April 3 – 9 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners
National Offensive Player of the Week
Will McKinney, Indiana Tech
Jr., A, Savage, Minn.
• McKinney helped push the Warriors to a 2-0 week, including an upset victory over then-No. 3 Lawrence Tech (Mich.).
• In the upset of No. 3 Lawrence Tech, McKinney recorded a hat trick in the first quarter. McKinney recorded five goals and one assist in game.
• Followed the victory with five goals and two assists in a 21-7 win against Concordia (Mich.).
• This is McKinney’s second-straight honor.
National Defensive Player of the WeekAustin Ambrose, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Sr., GK, Woodstock, Ga.
• Ambrose helped lead the Eagles to a 15-5 victory over Tennessee Wesleyan.
• Earned a save percentage of .706.
• Ambrose recorded 12 saves on five goals against in the win over Tennessee Wesleyan.
• Helped the Eagles clinch at least a share of the Appalachian Athletic Conference regular-season title.
• This is his second honor of the season.
Offensive Nominees: Luke Wyatt, Cumberlands (Ky.); Jacob Bomberry, Keiser (Fla.); Austin Dahl, Missouri Baptist; Brendan Buckley, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Ryan Barnes, Missouri Valley
Defensive Nominees: Jake Padden, Keiser (Fla.); Noel Blood, Missouri Baptist; Connor Goonan, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Lee Raymond, Indiana Tech; Jake Berg, Missouri Valley
2017 Men's Lacrosse Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (March 1): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.), Justin Flint, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (March 8): Tyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.), Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Week 3 (March 15): Conner Mishler, Lourdes (Ohio), Luke Wyatt, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 4 (March 22): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.), Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Week 5 (March 29): Austin Ambrose, Reinhardt (Ga.), Mackinley Morgan, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 6 (April 5): Tyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.), Will McKinney, Indiana Tech
Week 7 (April 12): Austin Ambrose, Reinhardt (Ga.), Will McKinney, Indiana Tech