2016 Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – No. 6 (April 5)
By Kelli Elmore, KCAC Assistant Commissioner
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Davenport (Mich.) is No. 1 in the sixth regular-season edition of the NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. The Panthers claimed seven first-place votes and 119 points. The seventh regular-season installment will be released April 12.
Men’s Lacrosse is in year one of a two-year process towards becoming an NAIA National Championship sport. Throughout the season, 27 Men’s programs will fight for eight spots in the first-ever national invitational tournament May 4-7 in Greenville, S.C. Eight regular-season polls will be conducted, as well as a final and postseason poll.
- The ratings committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/A.I.I./group
- Each conference/A.I.I./group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
- Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
- For additional details on the national rating, please consult the coaches’ manual – Men’s | Women’s
NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – No. 6 (April 5)
|RANK||LAST WEEK^||SCHOOL (1st place votes)||Record *||Final Points|
|1||1||Davenport (Mich.) (7)||2-0||119|
|2||3||Missouri Valley (1)||8-1||113|
|3||10||Siena Heights (Mich.)||4-2||100|
|6||4||St. Andrews (N.C.)||7-3||72|
Dropped from the Top 10: None.
Others receiving votes: St. Gregory’s (Okla.) 49; Ottawa (Kan.) 22; Tennessee Wesleyan 22; Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 17; Aquinas (Mich.) 7; Cumberlands (Ky.) 5; Saint Mary (Kan.) 2; Robert Morris (Ill.) 2; Michigan-Dearborn (Mich.) 1.
^ Ranking based off the NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll (March 29)
* Record includes games against NAIA schools only