Ascension Benefits and Insurance Solutions is the source for insurance coverage for NAIA Student-Athletes.
NAIA members are required to participate in the NAIA's catastrophic injury insurance as a condition of membership. This program is administered by Ascension Benefits and Insurance Solutions. Premiums vary annually and depend on the sponsored sports.
Athletics insurance coverage includes the following:
1. Catastrophic medical insurance – Mandatory for all NAIA intercollegiate programs. This plan covers varsity and junior varsity student-athletes.
- 2018-19 Mandatory NAIA Catastrophic Athletic Enrollment Form for Intercollegiate Athletics
- 2018-19 NAIA Catastrophic Insurance Plan Summary
2. Basic medical insurance – Optional policy to cover the $25,000 deductible on the catastrophic plan. To request a quote, contact Janice Briggs at Ascension (800-955-1991 x5614, direct 913-754-5614, email@example.com).
3. Club and intramural catastrophic insurance – Optional policy for club and intramural programs.