By: Spencer Scheve, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Warren Hall of Warner (Fla.) has been named the NAIA Division II Men's Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Wall was selected for his play during the week of Dec. 26 – Jan. 1 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)
6-2, Sr., G, Tampa, Fla.
• Hall posted 75 points, while leading the Royals to two victories last week.
• He scored 35 points in a win over NCAA Division III Fontbonne (Mo.), 88-53, to break the Warner all-time program scoring record. Hall passed Josh Hall’s record of 2,163 points.
• He also recorded 40 points in a victory over Bethany (Kan.), 100-86. Hall currently sits at 2,205 career points at Warner (Fla.).
• Hall shot 63 percent from the floor, while averaging 37.5 points, 9.0 rebounds and 7.5 assists during the week.
• This is Hall’s second Player of the Week award of the season.
For a complete list of all the Men’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Joshua Dillingham, Roosevelt (Ill.); Chandler Folkerts, Concordia (Neb.); Justin Folkers, Dakota State (S.D.); Bryan Mcgriff, Eastern Oregon; Austin Cummins, Union (Ky.); Sadeeq Bello, Northwestern Ohio; Paul Marandet, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Trent Elliott, IU Kokomo; Lance Carter, Tabor (Kan.); Eduardo Gomez Del Casal, La Sierra (Calif.)
2016-17 Men's Basketball Division II Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 30): Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)
Week 2 (December 07): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 3 (December 14): Daniel Woll, Huntington (Ind.)
Week 4 (January 04): Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)