Welcome New NAIA Member Institutions!
The NAIA National Office staff will host a new member orientation conference call with your staff to review the required next steps.
If new member institutions need assistance completing the required documentation, please contact Julie McCollum at 816-595-8121, firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSITION TO THE NAIA
1. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DUE IMMEDIATELY AFTER APPROVAL
Upon membership approval the following documents are due. Please submit these through the NAIAHelp online reporting system. Access was set up during the application process. If assistance is needed, contact Tony Bybee.
a. Roster of administrative, athletics and coaching staff
b. Declaration of Intent to Participate Men and Women's Programs – Due by May 1
c. Sunday Competition Declaration (bottom of the Declaration of Intent form) – Due by May 1
d. Declaration of Inter-term – Due by September 1
2. MANDATORY INSURANCE ENROLLMENT
Enroll in the mandatory NAIA catastrophic insurance plan (details and enrollment form).
3. REGISTER STUDENT-ATHLETES
a. NAIA ELIGIBILITY CENTER
Membership Resources page features:
- Membership Guide to the NAIA Eligibility Center, a comprehensive introduction to Eligibility Center policies and procedures.
- Staff Role descriptions for athletics directors, FARs, coaches and others to help navigate obligations in working with the center.
- Checklists will assist incoming freshmen, transfers, international students and coaches through the eligibility process.
- Learn which student-athletes need to register. See CFAR Policy III of the handbook.
b. REQUIRED STUDENT-ATHLETE ELGIBILITY FORMATION
The following forms are due prior to competition in each sport, unless otherwise noted. The forms can be found under Official Forms > Legislative Forms.
- Certificate of Clearance
- A decision of eligible from the Eligibility Center for any first-time competitors, as required by CFAR policy
- Official Eligibility Certificate
- Transfer Player Eligibility Statement
- Competitive Experience Outside Intercollegiate Athletics
c. TOOLS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT-ATHLETES
InCred streamlines admissions and eligibility reviews for international students. Engage your institution in conversations to accept InCred as an allowable credential evaluation service. Include links to InCred in your prospective international student admissions materials. Visit our InCred website to learn more. For questions, contact us directly at InCred@naia.org.
4. ADD NAIA LOGO TO YOUR INSTITUTION'S WEBSITE, ATHLETICS AND ADMISSIONS MATERIALS
Your communications and web staff can find the official NAIA bridge logo and the guidelines for its use on the website under Membership Services // Communications // Marketing Tools along with videos, radio spots and PA announcements.
5. REGISTER FOR SPORTS INFORMATION SOFTWARE
Sports information directors should check out these resources and contact Chad Waller for SID questions.
6. GETTING STARTED WITH CHAMPIONS OF CHARACTER™
7. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
The NAIA maintains business relationships with a variety of sponsors and partners who support the mission of the NAIA and offer benefits to NAIA members. Please check out the NAIA National Partners for the official vendor list and consider these partners for services you need.
8. MEMBERSHIP DUES PAYMENT
Annual membership dues invoices are mailed to the institution's accounting department with email notifications to the President and Athletics Director by May 1. Dues payment is due by July 15.
View the full list of membership costs.
9. CONFERENCE MEMBERSHIP
View the list of athletics conferences affiliated with the NAIA. If an institution does not join a conference, by default the new member is required to join the Association of Independent Institutions (A.I.I.)
Watch short videos about how the NAIA works. Suggestions for staff included.
PRESIDENT | AD | FAR | COACH 3:02 PDF
PRESIDENT | AD | FAR | SID | COACH 6:31 PDF
PRESIDENT | AD | FAR | SID | COACH 6:28 PDF
AD | SID | COACH 7:17 PDF
AD | FAR 3:02 PDF
AD | SID 10:01 PDF
AD | FAR | SID | COACH 6:01 PDF
PRESIDENT | AD | FAR | SID | COACH 11:37 PDF
AD | COACH 8:01 PDF
AD | SID | COACH 1:52 PDF
PRESIDENT | AD | COACH 1:27 PDF
ADMISSIONS 5:10 PDF
PRESIDENT | AD | FAR 2:23 PDF
AD | SID | COACH 3:41 PDF