2017 Women’s Indoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week — No. 2
KANSAS CITY, Mo. –Natalie Engle of Friends (Kan.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Indoor Track Athlete of The Week and Sara Olsen of Hastings (Neb.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Indoor Field Athlete of The Week, the National office announced Wednesday. Engle and Olsen were selected based on their performances from Jan. 16 – 22. The third Women’s Indoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week will be announced on Feb. 1.
Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week:
Natalie Engle, Friends (Kan.)
Jr., Goddard, Kan.
• Recorded two first-place finishes (60 meter dash and the 200 meter dash) and one second-place finish (400m dash) at the Missouri Southern Stampede on Jan. 21.
• Hit the NAIA “A” standard in all three of her races.
• Engle beat out 120 competitors in the 200m Dash with the No. 1 time in the NAIA this season at 24.95 seconds.
• Engle also won the 60m Dash (out of 103 entrants) with a time of 7.63 seconds, the No. 3 time in the country so far and just 0.03 seconds from No. 1.
• She concluded the meet with a second-place finish (out of 60) in the 400m Dash with a time of 57.54, with an NCAA runner being the only person to beat her.
Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week
Sara Olsen, Hastings (Neb.)
Jr., Blair, Neb.
• Recorded a first-place finish in the weight throw at the Prairie Wolf Invite on Jan. 20.
• Olsen won the weight throw with an "A" standard automatic national qualifying throw of 17.21m.
• The throw was more than two feet better than the second-place finisher.
• Olsen currently leads the Great Plains Athletic Conference in the women's weight throw.
For the complete Athlete of the Week calendar, click here.
Track Nominees: Grace Young, Columbia (Mo.); Anna Houston, William Woods (Mo.); Victoria Younge, Missouri Baptist; Lydia Wilson, Montreat (N.C.); Jenna Moody, St. Francis (Ill.); Sarah McBeath, Indiana Wesleyan; Lateefah Birks, Marian (Ind.); Caitlin Clark, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Raven Arellano, Grace (Ind.); Bailey Bard, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Katelynn Skiles, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Rachel Bramhall, Doane (Neb.); Tiffany Shepherd, Morningside (Iowa); Rebekah Muilenburg, Northwestern (Iowa); Argyanna Bolton, Southern-New Orleans (La.); Dimetrea Hamilton, Grand View (Iowa); Asia Laudermilch, William Penn (Iowa); Dorothy Adams, Missouri Valley; Kathryn Vander Poel, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Breonne Maltbia, Avila (Mo.); Krista Bushkofsky, Clarke (Iowa); Pearl Morgan, Central Methodist (Mo.); Tisian Nealy , Saint Mary (Kan.); Erin Borchard, Bethany (Kan.); Ja'Zell Woodard-Johnson, Campbellsville (Ky.); Alyssa Taylor, Shawnee State (Ohio); Kylee Voigt, Jamestown (N.D.); Kaila Jackson, Waldorf (Iowa); Keauna Hansen, Valley City State (N.D.); Anna Shields, Point Park (Pa.); Karis Parker, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Lisa Lilja, Keiser (Fla.); Stephanie Johnston, Concordia (Mich.); Adri Sigafoose, Aquinas (Mich.); Tia Holmes, Indiana Tech; Juliana Dotson, Lourdes (Ohio); Morgan Posthuma, Davenport (Mich.); Megan Greb, Madonna (Mich.); Ashley Russo, Siena Heights (Mich.)
Field Nominees: Rene Rhodes, Columbia (Mo.); Anna Ash, William Woods (Mo.); Victoria Younge, Missouri Baptist; Liz Maller, Milligan (Tenn.); Marta Stangel, Eastern Oregon; Danielle Wojciechowski, Bethel (Ind.); Bethany Bailey, Indiana Wesleyan; Katrina Tovar, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Olivia Kana, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Kali Robb, Concordia (Neb.); Katelynn Rheingans, Clarke (Iowa); Sabrina Avery, William Penn (Iowa); Kayvona Bragg, Avila (Mo.); Bryanna Music, Ottawa (Kan.); Chelsea Baker, Friends (Kan.); Danielle Johnson, Bethany (Kan.); Destiny Bell, Campbellsville (Ky.); Whitney Leuenberger, Dickinson State (N.D.); Seri Geisler, Valley City State (N.D.); MacKinze Thill-Urbanek, Waldorf (Iowa); Nikkie Rasmussen, Viterbo (Wis.); Julia Johnson, Jamestown (N.D.); Katie Browning, Rio Grande (Ohio); Dymond White, Bacone (Okla.); Kiana Vaziri, Keiser (Fla.); Sheila McKinley, Siena Heights (Mich.); Heather Williams, Lourdes (Ohio); Mallory Bont, Davenport (Mich.); Samantha Haddad, Madonna (Mich.); Candella Guijarro, Indiana Tech; Gabby Holyfield, Cornerstone (Mich.)
2016-17 Women's Indoor T&F Composite Award Winners (Field, Track)
Week 1 (January 18): Kelbie Lyon, Hastings (Neb.) , Stephanie Johnston, Concordia (Mich.)
Week 2 (January 25): Sara Olsen, Hastings (Neb.) , Natali Engle, Friends (Kan.)