Story by NAIA National Office
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Stevie Clark of LSU Shreveport (La.) has been named the NAIA Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Clark was chosen for his performances from January 22 – 28 and was selected out of a pool conference award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Stevie Clark, LSU Shreveport (La.)
5-11, Sr., G, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Set a new LSU Shreveport single-game record with most free throws made without a miss going 16-for-16 against Langston (Okla.) on Jan. 27.
- Weekly Stats
- Averaged 30.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.0 steals in two wins
- Connected on 23-of-26 (.885) overall on free throw attempts
- Has scored in double-figures in 18-of-19 games played this year.
- Ranks 12th nationally in scoring (20.5) and 17th in steals per game (2.0).
For more information on NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball, click here.
For a complete listing of all national statistical leaders, click here.
Nominees: Percell Washington, Central Baptist (Ark.); Jalen David, Xavier (La.); Andrew Smith, Campbellsville (Ky.); Zaccheus Darko-kelly, Montana Western; Jonathan Green, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Carnilious Simmons, Dalton State (Ga.); Ridell Camidge, Oklahoma City; Hansel Atencia, The Master's (Calif.).
2017-18 Division I Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Dec. 5): Isaac Edmondson, Bethel (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Dec. 12): Ridell Camidge, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (Jan. 2): Mike Johnson, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)
Week 4 (Jan. 9): Branden Jenkins, Texas Wesleyan
Week 5 (Jan. 16): Carnilious Simmons, Dalton State (Ga.)
Week 6 (Jan. 23): L.J. Westbrook, Peru State (Neb.)
Week 7 (Jan. 30): Stevie Clark, LSU Shreveport (La.)