By Chad Waller, Director of Athletic Communications and Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kristen Exposito of Indiana Wesleyan has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week and Georgia Wall of Oklahoma City has been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Exposito and Wall were selected based on their performances from April 9 – 15, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Softball Player of the Week
Kristen Exposito, Indiana Wesleyan
Sr., 1B, Davie, Fla.
- In the 9-0 blanking of Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) on April 11, Exposito went 4-for-4 including a home run and three RBI. She was a triple shy of the cycle.
- Weekly Stats
- Batted .550 (11-for-20) in six games. She drove in 11 RBI, scored five times and smacked four home runs.
- Compiled slugging percentage of 1.250 with six extra-base hits.
- Posted multiple hits in three-of-six games.
- Helped the team to a 5-1 record last week.
Softball Pitcher of the Week
Georgia Wall, Oklahoma City
Jr., P, Marlow, Okla.
- Tossed her fifth career no-hitter with a 6-0 win over Bacone (Okla.) on April 13. She struck out 10 in the seven-inning contest.
- Weekly Stats
- 12.0 innings pitched and two hits allowed
- Totaled 16 strikeouts
- Credited with two wins during the week
- Stands 16-3 on the year with a 1.40 ERA with 112 strikeouts
Player Nominees: Alexandra Linck, Columbia (Mo.); Jessica Baker, Reinhardt (Ga.); Johnie Cortez, Marymount California; Tori Keilman, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Bailey Henderson, Providence (Mont.); Brooke Shigematsu, Menlo (Calif.); Nicole Fernandez, Doane (Neb.); Avery Johnson, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Brianna Fickes, Georgia Gwinnett; Sydney Brown, British Columbia; Ashley Stone, Oklahoma Wesleyan; Jordan Gentry, Pikeville (Ky.); Meghan Ramage, Jamestown (N.D.); Priscilla Leon, LSU Alexandria (La.); Michaela Criner, Rio Grande (Ohio); Jaci Smith, Oklahoma City; Maggie Tipton, Faulkner (Ala.); Victoria Atkinson, Webber International (Fla.); Brittany Wieland, Lawrence Tech (Mich.).
Pitcher Nominees: Nicole Sanders, Lyon (Ark.); Karley Hobbs, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Kathy Perscheid, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Loryn Williams, Oregon Tech; Morghan Dieringer, St. Francis (Ill.); Meghan Fretz, Huntington (Ind.); Jamie Ponce, Hope International (Calif.); Emma Schnell, Northwestern (Iowa); Olivia Brees, Baker (Kan.); Jordyn Wheeler, Crowley's Ridge (Ark.); Emma Tuson, British Columbia; Courtney Schoolcraft, Kentucky Christian; Megan Krause, Kansas Wesleyan; Neely Quint, Campbellsville (Ky.); Haley Kravetz, Mayville State (N.D.); Abbey Mcmillian, LSU Alexandria (La.); Mallory Powell, Rio Grande (Ohio); Caitlin Perry, Faulkner (Ala.); Lauren West, Thomas (Ga.); Madisen Henry, Madonna (Mich.).
2018 Softball Composite Award Winners (Pitcher, Player)
Week 1 (March 21): Emily Smith, Valley City State (N.D.); Caitlin McNiff, Missouri Baptist
Week 2 (March 28): Morghan Dieringer, St. Francis (Ill.); Chloe Clifton, Science & Arts (Okla.)
Week 3 (April 3): Anessa Cepeda, Hope International (Calif.); Cassie Kuizin, Taylor (Ind.)
Week 4 (April 10): Makenna Aycock, Texas Wesleyan; Bailey Terry, Texas Wesleyan
Week 5 (April 17): Georgia Wall, Oklahoma City; Kristen Exposito, Indiana Wesleyan