NAIA and ESPN3 to Deliver Avista-NAIA Baseball World Series May 28-30
By Chad Waller, NAIA Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — (Click here to gain access to ESPN3) The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) is excited to announce that the final four games of the 2014 Avista-NAIA Baseball World Series will be available on ESPN3. Two games starting at 3 and 6:30 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, the championship at 6:30 p.m. PDT on Thursday and the “if necessary” championship at 6:30 p.m. PDT on Friday will be carried live and in high-definition quality on ESPN3.
The World Series coverage takes place at Harris Field in Lewiston, Idaho. The hosts are Lewis-Clark State College. Click HERE to view the entire World Series schedule.
The network is accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, and streamed on televisions through Xbox, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV.
ESPN3 is available to more than 92 million homes at no additional cost to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated service provider. The high-quality World Series coverage will be accessible on computers, smartphones, tablets, game consoles and connected devices. To access on mobile devices, download the WatchESPN app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices. For access on desktops/laptops, go to WatchESPN.com.
The 2013-14 season marks the first time that the Baseball World Series, all four basketball national championships and the football championship were delivered on ESPN3. During the 2012-13 season, ESPN3 carried the Buffalo Funds-NAIA Division I Men's Basketball National Championship semifinals and the Avista-NAIA World Series championship game. The NAIA and ESPN3 previously announced a multi-year agreement in the fall of 2013.
Future coverage on ESPN networks will be announced at a later date.
About the NAIA
Since 1937, the NAIA has administered programs and championships in proper balance with the overall educational experience. In 2000, the NAIA reaffirmed its purpose to enhance the character-building aspects of sport. Through the Champions of Character program, the NAIA seeks to create an environment in which every student-athlete, coach, official and spectator is committed to the true spirit of competition through five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership. The NAIA has evolved from a small college basketball tournament in 1937 to a national athletics association comprised of 260 member institutions representing 60,000 student-athlete participating in 23 national championships.
• ESPN3 is ESPN’s live multi-screen sports network accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, and streamed on televisions through Xbox, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV.
• ESPN3 is available to more than 92 million homes at no additional cost to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated service provider.
• The network is also available at no cost to approximately 21 million U.S. college students and U.S.-based military personnel via computers, smartphones and tablets connected to on-campus educational and on-base military broadband and Wi-Fi networks.
• List of ESPN3 service providers (high speed internet) | Click Here
• List of ESPN3 service providers (video) | Click Here
• You may also download the WatchESPN app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire smartphones and tablets.
2014 Avista-NAIA Baseball World Series broadcast schedule on ESPN3
• May 28 -- 3 and 6:30 p.m. PDT – Avista-NAIA Baseball World Series
• May 29 – 6:30 p.m. PDT -- Avista-NAIA Baseball World Series championship
• May 30 – 6:30 p.m. PDT -- Avista-NAIA Baseball World Series “if necessary” championship^
^ There will be no game if the winner of game on May 29 is from the winner’s bracket.