KANSAS CITY, Mo. – After becoming the first team since 2013 to snag both the team and individual crown in May, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) is on top of the first NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll of the season. The Bees secured 17 of 18 first place votes to begin the year. Dalton State (Ga.) grabbed the No. 2 slot with one first place vote to its credit.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2007)
- This is the eighth-consecutive poll that SCAD Savannah (Ga.) was placed No. 1 overall by voters.
- Last season was the first-ever women’s golf championship for the Bees.
- Oklahoma City highlights the list of newcomers to the poll, checking-in at No. 9. Rocky Mountain (Mont.) joins the poll as well this week along with SCAD Atlanta (Ga.), Milligan (Tenn.), Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), Bethel (Ind.), Indiana Tech and Cumberland (Tenn.)
- SCAD Savannah (Ga.) and William Woods (Mo.) lead the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 77 consecutive appearances dating back to the 2007 season.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018 NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Preseason (August 24, 2018)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||498|
|2||4||Dalton State (Ga.) ||469|
|5||2||William Woods (Mo.)||425|
|6||6||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||388|
|10||11||William Carey (Miss.)||353|
|13||10||William Penn (Iowa)||317|
|14||NR||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||303|
|15||13||University of Northwestern Ohi||287|
|19||NR||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||210|
|22||NR||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||143|
Dropped from the Top 25: N/A
Others Receiving Votes: Tennessee Wesleyan 77, Indiana Wesleyan 73, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 63, Oregon Tech 53, Morningside (Iowa) 34, Breneau (Ga.) 29, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 27, Saint Francis (Ind.) 22, Arizona Christian 18, Southwestern Christian (Okla.) 13, Bethany (Kan.) 11, Bellevue (Neb.) 10, Briar Cliff (Iowa) 5, Grand View (Iowa) 3, Midway (Ky.) 3, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 3