KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Missouri Baptist remains at No. 1 team in the latest edition of the NAIA Men’s Volleyball Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced on Tuesday.
Top 10 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2017):
- Missouri Baptist is the only undefeated teams in the top 10.
- No. 10 St. Ambrose (Iowa) made its way into the Top 10 after being the first team to push Missouri Baptist to a fifth set.
- No team has been ranked at No. 1 for an entire season. Grand View has the most No. 1-rankings with 12. Missouri Baptist with five and Park (Mo.) with three are the only other teams that have been ranked at No. 1.
- Park holds the longest active streak in the polls with 23-consecutive rankings. Grand View, Lourdes (Ohio) and Ottawa (Kan.) follow with 22-consecutive rankings.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 10 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!
2019 Men’s Volleyball Coaches’ Top 10 Poll
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||Missouri Baptist ||18-0||131|
|2||2||Lourdes (Ohio) ||11-2||123|
|3||4||Benedictine Mesa (Ariz.)||12-3||111|
|4||5||Grand View (Iowa)||11-1||100|
|8||8||Hope International (Calif.)||9-2||64|
|9||9||Mount Mercy (Iowa)||13-5||61|
|10||NR||St. Ambrose (Iowa)||8-7||32|
Others Receiving Votes: St. Andrews (N.C.) 15, UC Merced (Calif.) 14, Saint Xavier (Ill.) 8, Briar Cliff (Iowa) 7, Clarke (Iowa) 4, Siena Heights (Mich.) 3