NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Player of the Week - No. 3 (Jan. 3)
Photo by Scott Barker, Mobile Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Starla Daggan of Mobile (Ala.) has been named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Daggan was selected for her play during the week of Dec. 26 – Jan. 2 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.)
Sr., G, Prentiss, Miss.
• In a 69-61 win over Brenau (Ga.), Daggan set a new school record with 42 points, a record which has not been broken since 2009.
• In two wins on the week, Daggan averaged 30 points, and she shot 50 percent (20-of-40) to help the Lady Rams move to 7-4 overall.
• Daggan’s stat line for the week included averaging two rebounds, 1.5 assists 0.5 blocks and three steals, while also shooting .462 from behind the arc (6-of-13).
• Daggan leads the Southern States Athletic Conference in scoring (23.8).
• Ranks No. 2 in the NAIA in points per game (23.8) and No. 6 in total scoring (262).
• This is Daggan’s first National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Division I Women’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Hannah Dean, Carroll (Mont.); Katelynn Threats, Texas Wesleyan; Ashlee Marlatt, Columbia (Mo.); Jonessa Moore, Shawnee State (Ohio); Kayla Sato, Westmont (Calif.)
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 2 (December 13): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (January 3): Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.)