NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Player of the Week - No. 4 (Jan. 3)
Photo by Mike Safford, College of Idaho Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Petra Lumpert of College of Idaho has been named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Lumpert was selected for her performance during the week of Dec. 26 – Jan. 2 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Petra Lumpert, College of Idaho
Sr., G, Jesenice, Slovenia
• In College of Idaho’s first sweep on its Washington Road trip since the 2012-13 season, Lumpert set a new school record of 12 assists in the win against Northwest (Wash.), 85-60.
• Against Evergreen (Wash.) to start off the trip, Lumpert gathered 16 points to go along with nine assists.
• On the week, Lumpert went 13-of-31 from the field and averaged 19 points, 10 assists, and five rebounds in the two victories.
• Ranks in the Top 50 in four statistical categories – No. 6 in assists per game (5.2), No. 22 in total assists (62), No. 36 in points per game (16.3) and No. 41 in free throw percentage (.824).
• This is Lumpert’s first career National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Division I Women’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Kristen Miller, Indiana East; Esther Wofford, Simpson (Calif.); Kendall Bradbury, Taylor (Ind.); Georgia Williams, Valley City State (N.D.); Shann Sellers, Friends (Kan.); Raven Brown, Point (Ga.); Kari Borowiak, Concordia (Mich.); Samara Auguste, St. Thomas (Fla.); Darbi Gustafson, Northwestern (Iowa); Kelli Schrauth, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)
2016-17 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 29): Kassidy De Jong, Northwestern (Iowa)
Week 2 (December 6): Mary Janovich, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 3 (December 13): Jesse Sheridan, Cornerstone (Mich.)
Week 4 (January 3): Petra Lumpert, College of Idaho