NAIA DI Women’s Basketball Player of the Week – No. 4
Photo provided by Wayland Baptist (Texas) Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jade Jones of Wayland Baptist (Texas) has been named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Jones was selected for her play during the week of Jan. 2 – 8 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Jade Jones, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
6-0, Sr., F, Georgetown, Texas
• Led Wayland Baptist (Texas) to a 100-72 win over then-No. 18 John Brown (Ark.) with 46 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
• Ended the contest shooting 72.4 percent (21-of-29) from the field, and was 4-for-5 at the free throw line.
• Jones point total, which is the most points scored in a single game this season in NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball, came within three points of matching the Wayland Baptist single-game scoring record.
• Ranks 25th nationally in defensive rebounds per game (6.2) and field goal percentage (50.3 percent).
• This is her first career national player of the week award.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Lexie Moe, Central Methodist (Mo.); Courtney Randle, LSU Shreveport (La.); Madison Clements, Campbellsville (Ky.); Bianca Thornton, Edward Waters (Fla.); Faith Legate, Faulkner (Ala.); Alison Webb, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Caelyn Orlandi, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Claire Lamunu, Vanguard (Calif.).
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 2 (December 13): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (January 3): Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.)
Week 4 (January 10): Jade Jones, Wayland Baptist (Texas)