2017 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll — Final
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Saint Francis (Ind.) closes the regular-season as the No. 1 team in the NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Sunday. The Cougars, who own 16 all-time No. 1 rankings, claimed all 15 first-place votes and 340 total points. Saint Francis has been the No. 1 team in all 11 polls this season.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2017 NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Final (November 12, 2017)
|RANK||PREVIOUS||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||2017 RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Saint Francis (Ind.) (15)||10-0||340|
|4||4||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||10-0||300|
|8||9||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||9-1||252|
|11||6||Grand View (Iowa)||9-2||208|
|13||T12||Dickinson State (N.D.)||9-1||187|
|23||RV||Dakota State (S.D.)||8-3||38|
|24||NR||Oklahoma Panhandle State||7-3||31|
Dropped from the Top 25: Montana Tech (No. 22); Arizona Christian (No. 23); Concordia (Neb.) (No. 25)
Others Receiving Votes: Arizona Christian 21; Montana Tech 17; Cumberland (Tenn.) 12; College of Idaho 6.