PlayNAIA — Soccer
The NAIA conducted the first Men's Soccer National Championship in 1959 with a four- team invitational tournament.
PLAYING RULES: The official National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Men's Soccer Rules are followed for all NAIA regular and postseason play.
OFFICIAL BALL: The official ball for all NAIA National Championship games is the SELECT SPORT AMERICA NAIA Championship soccer ball.
MEN'S NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT: The NAIA Men's Soccer National Championship is a 32 team single elimination tournament. Teams are seeded 1-32 using the NAIA Modified RPI (Rating Percentage Index). The National Championship begins with all 32 teams competing in 16 Opening Round matches played on campus sites nationwide. The 16 Opening Round winners then advance to the final site where a National Champion is eventually crowned.
Find answers in the NAIA Guide to the College-Bound Student-Athlete!
• What's the NAIA participation experience?
• What's different about recruiting in the NAIA?
• Can I visit a campus for a tryout?
• What about financial aid, scholarships, grants, loans?
• Do I meet the freshman eligibility requirements?
• What if I didn't attend a U.S. high school?
• The NAIA Eligibility Center
• What are the transfer student eligibility requirements?
• Who's considered a professional in the NAIA?
• How long can I compete?
• What happens if I suffer an injury during college?
• What if I've competed in my sport outside of college?
• How do I remain eligible during college?
WHERE DO I START?
Register early with the NAIA Eligibility Center. It's required for any student who plans to attend an NAIA school. By registering, you also have the chance to let NAIA coaches know you're interested in playing in college. Our Connections service search allows you to check out which schools offer your sport, major and size that fits your interests. Register today!