Welcome New NAIA Member Institutions!
Your assigned NAIA National Office liaison will host a new member orientation conference call with your staff to review the required next steps.
If new member institutions need assistance with completing the required documentation, please contact Kevin Dee, Vice President for Campus and Conference Initiatives, or Julie McCollum at 816-595-8000
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DUE IMMEDIATELY AFTER APPROVAL
The following information is due immediately after membership approval and must be submitted using the NAIAHelp online reporting system. Contact Tony Bybee to set up access.
• Roster of administrative, athletics and coaching staff
• Declaration of Intent to Participate Men and Women's Programs
• Sunday Competition Declaration
The NAIA's catastrophic injury insurance program is administered by Summit America Insurance Co. Premiums vary annually and depend on the sponsored sports;
NAIA Catastrophic Insurance
Optional club and intramural plan:
NAIA ELIGIBILITY CENTER ORIENTATION
• Membership Resources page for the NAIA Eligibility Center (PlayNAIA.org) features
• Membership Guide to the NAIA Eligibility Center is a comprehensive introduction to the policies and procedures of the NAIA Eligibility Center for member institutions.
• Staff role explanations, guides for coaches and logos for institutional websites.
• Review the procedures for athletics directors, FARs and coaches to familiarize your staff with their obligations in working with the center.
REQUIRED STUDENT-ATHLETE ELGIBILITY INFORMATION
Unless noted, the following forms are due prior to competition in each sport. The forms can be found under Official Forms, Legislative forms.
• Declaration of Inter-Term (due ASAP after approval)
• Certificate of Clearance
• Official Eligibility Certificate
• Transfer Player Eligibility Statement
• Competitive Experience outside Intercollegiate Athletics
NAIA LOGO ON YOUR INSTITUTION'S WEBSITE, ATHLETICS AND ADMISSIONS MATERIALS
Your communications and web staff can find a copy of the official NAIA bridge logo and the guidelines for its use on the website under Membership Services, Communications, Marketing Tools along with videos, radio spots and PA announcements.
GETTING STARTED WITH CHAMPIONS OF CHARACTER
Become familiar with the Champions of Character Scorecard and the online Character-Driven Coaching Course that's required for all coaches. Kathy Busch can help you get started.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
The NAIA maintains business relationships with a variety of sponsors in partners who support the mission of the NAIA and offer benefits to NAIA members. Please check out the official vendor list and consider these partners for services you need.
MEMBERSHIP DUES PAYMENT
Membership dues invoice will be mailed to the President and Athletics Director by May 1 each year.