NAIA Women’s Soccer Players of the Week – No. 6 (Oct. 11)
Photo by Matthew Christensen, John Brown Athletics
KANSAS CITY, MO. - Kristen Howell of John Brown (Ark.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Christina Rodriguez of Biola (Calif.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Kristen Howell, John Brown (Ark.)
5-7, Fr., F, Little Rock, Ark.
• In two matches last week, Howell recorded seven goals, tallying 14 points.
• Howell posted back-to-back hat tricks, the first time in John Brown (Ark.) program history.
• She is the second player in program history to record multiple hat tricks in a career.
• Recorded a four-goal outing against St. Gregory’s (Okla.), tying an eight-year single-game program record.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Christina Rodriguez, Biola (Calif.)
5-5, Fr., GK, Menifee, Calif.
• In two matches played last week, Rodriguez recorded seven saves and two shutout victories.
• Posted her fourth and fifth shutouts of the season, extending the teams undefeated record to 11-0-1.
• Five of Rodriguez’s seven saves came against No. 4 Westmont (Calif.).
• Ranks No. 8 in the NAIA in goals against per game (0.43).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Megan Wilson, Harris-Stowe State (Mo.); Adrien Merrilles, Reinhardt (Ga.); Megan Currier, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Annouscka Kordom, Corban (Ore.); Jamie Karch, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Nikki Zaino, Taylor (Ind.); Haley Bruce, Vanguard (Calif.); Taylor Geis, Hastings (Neb.); Andrea Garcia, Missouri Valley; Nikki LeFevre, Georgia Gwinnett; Aaliyah Payton, Washington Adventist (Md.); Cynthia Chavez, Kansas Wesleyan; Bethany Massey, Georgetown (Ky.); Madison Lambert, Bellevue (Neb.); Siobhan Higgins, St. Thomas (Texas); Kristina Wallace, Carlow (Pa.); Tyler-rae Molloy, Mobile (Ala.); Sydney Bailey, Webber International (Fla.); Bria West, Cornerstone (Mich.)
Defensive Nominees: Jenna Vitale, Harris-Stowe State (Mo.); McKenna Loges, Tennessee Wesleyan; Desiree Coles, UC Merced; Sheyenne Brusven, Corban (Ore.); Adrienne Giglio, Robert Morris (Ill.); Sarah Klunder, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Emma Toohey, Hastings (Neb.); Anesa Curic, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Jessica Wolff, Saint Mary (Kan.); Zoe Stovik, Georgetown (Ky.); Hanna Devries, Waldorf (Iowa); Keri Myers, Wiley (Texas); Paige Manning, Point Park (Pa.); Brandi Hutchison, Science & Arts (Okla.); Brooke Best, Middle Georgia State; Sarah Mckinney, Webber International (Fla.); Julia Stewart, Madonna (Mich.)2016-17 Women's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 07): Abby Baravik, William Carey (Miss.) , Amanda Blixt, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (September 14): Ebba Blomqvist, Keiser (Fla.) , Aubrey Schierbeek, Spring Arbor (Mich.)
Week 3 (September 21): Ashley Timmons, Spring Arbor (Mich.) , Tia Sanford, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 4 (September 28): Madison Donihoo, Mid-America Christian (Okla.) , Kindsay Miller-riney, Midway (Ky.)
Week 5 (October 05): Abby Schue, Grace (Ind.) , Emily Key, Park (Mo.)
Week 6 (October 12): Christina Rodriguez, Biola (Calif.) , Kristen Howell, John Brown (Ark.)