NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week – No. 1 (Nov. 29)
By Colbi Howser
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kassidy De Jong of Northwestern (Iowa) was named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. De Jong was selected for her performance during the week of Nov. 22 – 29 and was selected out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Kassidy De Jong, Northwestern (Iowa)
So., G, Hospers, Iowa
• Scored a career-high 36 points in a defeat over then No. 4 Morningside (Iowa), (98-97) on Nov. 22, while pulling down 12 rebounds for her third double-double of the season.
• Made 3-of-5 three-pointers and went 17-for-19 from the charity stripe.
• Leads the NAIA in points per game (23.800) and total scoring (238).
• As a guard, she is ranked 12th in total rebounds (81).
• This is her first player of the week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Caletria Curtis, Bellevue (Neb.); Shann Sellers, Friends (Kan.); Hailey Krewald, Huntington (Ind.); Maci Spence, Union (Ky.); Bailey Hooker, Southeastern (Fla.); Cheyanna Lusk, WVU Tech; April Watson, Siena Heights (Mich.); Alexis Todd, Benedictine Mesa (Ariz.); Maya Ah You, Eastern Oregon; Brittany Collins, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
2016-17 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 29): Kassidy De Jong, Northwestern (Iowa)