Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week – No. 1
Photo by Hugh Scott
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Daniela Wallen of Oklahoma City was named NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Wallen was selected for her play during the week of Nov. 28 – Dec. 4 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
5-11, Sr., F, Caracas, Venezuela
• Averaged 27.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 4.0 steals per game to lead the Stars to 2-0 week.
• Recorded 24 points and 11 rebounds in win over John Brown (Ark.), 75-62.
• Posted 31 points and made 13-of-20 field goals in a 100-65 win over then-No. 22 Wayland Baptist (Texas).
• Shot 61 percent (25-of-41) from the field and converted all four attempts from the free throw line for the week.
• Oklahoma City improved to 4-0 against ranked teams this season.
• Recorded her fifth double-double of the season and 19th in 37-game career for the Stars.
• This is her first-career National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Division I Women’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: DaJonee Hale, Central Methodist (Mo.); Adriiana Jackson, Dillard (La.); Morgan Brandt, Columbia (Mo.); Kanisha Clark, St. Thomas (Texas); Shannon Pearson, Bethel (Tenn.); Taliah Moore, Cumberland (Tenn.); Brittany Tackett, Lewis-Clarke State (Idaho); Nyadoup Lam, San Diego Christian (Calif.).
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City