NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Player of the Week - No. 2 (Dec. 6)
By Nikki Sherrill, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Mary Janovich of Concordia (Neb.) has been named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Janovich was selected for her performance during the week of Nov. 28 – Dec. 4, and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Mary Janovich, Concordia (Neb.)
Jr., G, Gretna, Neb.
• During an 85-82 win over No. 1 Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.), Janovich scored a season-high 19 points to lead the Bulldogs to a Great Plains Athletic Conference victory.
• Janovich filled the stat sheet on the week, averaging 17.5 points per game, 5.5 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 2.5 steals during the two Bulldog wins.
• From the floor, the junior went 14-for-22 (.636).
• On the year, Janovich is averaging 11.5 points per game.
• In the NAIA, Janovich ranks No. 2 in total steals (40) and No. 11 in steals per game (3.3).
• This is Janovich’s first career National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Mackenzie Campbell, Indiana East; Candace Rhodes, Point (Ga.); Shann Sellers, Friends (Kan.); Clarissa Perez, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Sarah Miller, Ave Maria (Fla.); Keanna Gary, Indiana Tech; Haley Woodruff, Indiana Wesleyan; Kyra Dewald, Jamestown (N.D.); Autumn Durand, Southern Oregon; Jordan Giddings, St. Francis (Ill.)
2016-17 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 29): Kassidy De Jong, Northwestern (Iowa)
Week 2 (December 6): Mary Janovich, Concordia (Neb.)