NAIA Division II Menís Basketball Player of the Week Ė No. 3 (Dec. 13)
By: Spencer Scheve, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Daniel Woll of Huntington (Ind.) has been named the NAIA Division II National Men's Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Woll was selected for his play during the week of Dec. 5 – 11 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Daniel Woll, Huntington (Ind.)
6-7, Sr., F, Columbia City, Ind.
• Woll posted 39 points, while leading the Foresters to two victories last week.
• He scored 14 points in a win over Grace (Ind.), 99-70, and 25 points in a victory over Asbury (Ky.), 110-95.
• Woll made Huntington history by recording the Foresters first-ever triple-double in their win over Asbury. He posted 25 points, 20 rebounds and 10 assists.
• Averaged 19.5 points, 15.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists during the week.
• Shot 53 percent from the field (18-34) and perfect from the throw line (3-of-3).
For a complete list of all the Men’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Franky Teran, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Kyle Steigenga, Cornerstone (Mich.); Taylor Drey, Evergreen (Wash.); Ryan Tegtmeier, Morningside (Iowa); Deion Mcclenton, Keiser (Fla.); Gerrard Newby, Union (Ky.); Donnell Minton, Presentation (S.D.); Jake Allen, Alice Lloyd (Ky.); Jordan Murdock, Friends (Kan.); Jeremy Carlyle, Trinity International (Ill.)
2016-17 Men's Basketball Division II Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 30): Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)
Week 2 (December 07): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 3 (December 14): Daniel Woll, Huntington (Ind.)