NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Player of the Week - No. 2 (Dec. 13)
Photo by Hugh Scott
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Daniela Wallen of Oklahoma City was once again named NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Wallen was selected for her play during the week of Dec. 5 – 12 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
5-11, Sr., F, Caracas, Venezuela
• Matched a career-high of 35 points in a 70-56 win over Haskell (Kan.) after the Stars opened the game on a 14-0 run.
• To go-along-with her 35 points, Wallen recorded 12 rebounds to earn her seventh double-double of the season out of 11 games.
• On the week with two wins over Haskell, Wallen was 27-44 from the field to shoot 61.4 percent.
• Oklahoma City is now 10-1 on the season.
• Ranks No. 2 in the NAIA in three categories – points per game (24.0), total steals (36) and total scoring (264). Also ranks No. 10 in steals per game (3.3).
• This is Wallen’s second-career National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Division I Women’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Lexie Moe, Central Methodist (Mo.); Deandra Darjean, Huston-Tillotson (Texas); Stephanie Mcdonagh, Great Falls (Mont.); Devin Conley, Pikeville (Ky.); Raegan Wieser, Columbia (Mo.); Zoie Miller, Loyola (La.); DeMoria White, Biola (Calif.)
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 2 (December 13): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City