Photo provided by Saint Francis (Ind.) Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Lauren McBryar of Saint Francis (Ind.) has been named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. McBryar was selected for her performance during the week of Jan. 9 - 15 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Lauren McBryar, Saint Francis (Ind.)
Fr., G, Mooresville, Ind.
• With 43 total points on the week, Mcbryar led her unranked squad to two upset victories over No. 12 Indiana Wesleyan and RV Huntington (Ind.). The win snapped Indiana Wesleyan’s Crossroads League undefeated record.
• From the arc, Mcbryar went 5-for-6 to go .750 percent in the win over the Wildcats. Her hot-shooting helped her team to a new school record with 17 threes in the win.
• Mcbryar’s stat line includes 43 points, seven rebounds, two assists and four steals on the week.
• With the wins, Mcbryar has now scored 20+ points in three consecutive contests.
• This is Mcbryar’s first career National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Division I Women’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Lauren Gillingham, Ave Maria (Fla.); Andi Gayner, Mayville State (N.D.); Jordyn Miller, Southwestern (Kan.); Kara Krolicki, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Michele Hayes, Madonna (Mich.); Courtney Danna, UC Merced; Maci Spence, Union (Ky.); Haley Birks, Northwestern (Iowa); Breanna Ball, Midway (Ky.); Autumn Durand, Southern Oregon
2016-17 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 29): Kassidy De Jong, Northwestern (Iowa)
Week 2 (December 6): Mary Janovich, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 3 (December 13): Jesse Sheridan, Cornerstone (Mich.)
Week 4 (January 3): Petra Lumpert, College of Idaho
Week 5 (January 10): Rebecca Cheeks, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Week 6 (January 17): Lauren McBryar, Saint Francis (Ind.)