2016-17 NAIA Men's Swimmer/Diver of the Month - No. 2 (Jan. 19)
By Nikki Sherrill, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Daniel Hartley of Keiser (Fla.) has been named the NAIA Men’s Swimmer/Diver of the Month, the national office announced Thursday. Hartley was selected for his performances from Dec. 13 – Jan. 15. The second national award will be announced Jan. 19.
National Men's Swimmer/Diver of the Month
Daniel Hartley, Keiser (Fla.)
Jr., Jensen Beach, Fla.
• Hartley led his top-ranked Keiser (Fla.) squad to a second-place finish at the Florida International Invitational where the Seahawks were the only NAIA school present.
• In the 200-yard medley relay, Hartley swam the third spot and helped his team to a first-place finish with a time of 1:34.78.
• Out of four individual races, Hartley found victories in three – 100-yard backstroke (52.65), 50-yard breaststroke (26.97) and 200-yard medley (55.26).
• As part of the 200-yard freestyle relay, Hartley led his team to a 1:27.81 finish, good for first-place in his final event of the meet.
• This is Hartley’s first National Swimmer of the Month honor.
Nominees: Magnus Poulsen, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Jaob Smith, Cumberlands (Ky.); Clemens Paetzold, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Keith Jessee, Asbury (Ky.); Jason Schroeder, St. Gregory's (Okla.); Joel Ax, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
2016-17 Men's Swimming & Diving Composite Award Winners
December: Keith Jessee, Asbury (Ky.)
January: Daniel Hartley, Keiser (Fla.)