NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Player of the Week - No. 7 (Jan. 24)
Photo provided by Indiana Tech Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Keanna Gary of Indiana Tech has been named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Gary was selected for her performance during the week of Jan. 16 – 22 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Keanna Gary, Indiana Tech
6-1, Jr., C, Fort Wayne, Ind.
• With back-to-back games recording 25-plus points and 15-plus rebounds, Gary helped her then-No. 20 Indiana Tech squad recover from a two-game losing skid with wins over Madonna (Mich.) and Cornerstone (Mich.).
• Gary increased her amount of double-doubles on the year to 15 in the two victories.
• In the contest against Cornerstone, Gary took control of the second half as she cashed in 26 points and 10 rebounds. Against Madonna, Gary scored 12 points in the third quarter and went five-of-seven from the field to extend the Warrior lead.
• Ranks No. 2 nationally in total rebounds (261), No. 3 in offensive rebounds per game (4.8) and total rebounds per game (12.4) and No. 4 in defensive rebounds per game (7.5).
• This is Gary’s first career National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Division I Women’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Dekoya Mack, Allen (S.C.); Madi Stewart, Ottawa (Kan.); Whitney Rodriguez, Simpson (Calif.); Kristen Miller, Indiana East; Brittany Collins, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Philomena Lammers, Concordia (Neb.); Bailey Hooker, Southeastern (Fla.); Taylor Hammer, Jamestown (N.D.); Savannah Bley, Bethel (Ind.); Ashleigh Vandenbrink, Oregon Tech
2016-17 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 29): Kassidy De Jong, Northwestern (Iowa)
Week 2 (December 6): Mary Janovich, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 3 (December 13): Jesse Sheridan, Cornerstone (Mich.)
Week 4 (January 3): Petra Lumpert, College of Idaho
Week 5 (January 10): Rebecca Cheeks, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Week 6 (January 17): Lauren McBryar, Saint Francis (Ind.)
Week 7 (January 24): Keanna Gary, Indiana Tech