KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Adri Sigafoose of Aquinas (Mich.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Indoor Track Athlete of The Week and Allie Brooks of Concordia (Neb.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Indoor Field Athlete of The Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Sigafoose and Brooks were selected based on their performances from Jan. 30 – Feb. 5. The fourth Women’s Indoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week will be announced on Feb. 15.
Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week:
Adri Sigafoose, Aquinas (Mich.)
Jr., McBain, Mich.
• Recorded three first-place finish in the one mile run, 1,000-meters run and the 4x400-meter relay at the Grand Rapids Hall of Fame Classic on Feb. 3
• Sigafoose finished first out of 12 athletes in the one mile run with a time of 5:04.68 and first out of seven athletes in the 1,000-meter run with a time of 3:01.19. She hit the “A” standard in both events.
• Finished first out of four teams in the 4x400-meter relay with a time of 4:09.74.
Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week
Allie Brooks, Concordia (Neb.)
So., Seward, Neb.
• Recorded a first-place finish in the pole vault and a fourth-place finish in the high jump at the Fred Beile Classic on Feb. 4.
• Brooks won the pole vault by clearing 3.93m, a new Concordia school record.
• She leads the NAIA in the women’s pole vault.
• Brooks finished the meet by finishing fourth out of 10 athletes in the high jump, by clearing 1.7m.
• Her jump of 1.7m broke the Concordia school record that had stood previously for 30 years.
For the complete Athlete of the Week calendar, click here.
Track Nominees: Jerosan Fletcher, Park (Mo.); Riley Fader, Columbia (Mo.); Megan Van Harn, William Woods (Mo.); Julia Blumkaitis, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Hannah Segrave, Milligan (Tenn.); Jessa Perkinson, Southern Oregon; Ellie Willging, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Alexa Beezhold, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Sarah McBeath, Indiana Wesleyan; Kiersten Schrope, Marian (Ind.); Plenseh-Tay Sakeuh, Taylor (Ind.); Raven Arellano, Grace (Ind.); Leah Esposito, Carroll (Mont.); Carrie Cota, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Michelle Mumm, Morningside (Iowa); Miranda Velgersdyk, Dordt (Iowa); Katie Landhuis, Northwestern (Iowa); Ronnoja Ayers, Grand View (Iowa); Krista Bushkofsky, Clarke (Iowa); Lillian Schnakenburg, Central Methodist (Mo.); Dacia Harris, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Brenda McCollum, Baker (Kan.); Shania Pokorny, Viterbo (Wis.); Rachel Heuchert , Jamestown (N.D.); Danielle Holt, Waldorf (Iowa); Jennifer Ramirez, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Anna Shields, Point Park (Pa.); Sarah Hornak, Indiana East; Tyanna Petty, Rio Grande (Ohio); Telecia Briscoe, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Sarah Dunmore, Indiana Tech; Bailey Hervey, Madonna (Mich.); Julia Kimmel, Lourdes (Ohio); Stephanie Johnston, Concordia (Mich.)
Field Nominees: Abby Stricker, Columbia (Mo.); Madelyn Scrivner, William Woods (Mo.); Laini Brown, Park (Mo.); Payton Jolley, Eastern Oregon; Carlie Vannatta, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Brandi Hosford, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Danielle Wojciechowski, Bethel (Ind.); Paige Kindig, Grace (Ind.); Dayna Gallo, Indiana Wesleyan; Crystal Schmidt, Carroll (Mont.); Clariss Hernandez, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Sara Olsen, Hastings (Neb.); Kamberlyn Lamer, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Taylor Wells, Grand View (Iowa); Rachel Gadient, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Kendall Holloman, Baker (Kan.); Seri Geisler, Valley City State (N.D.); Kaiann Arellano , Jamestown (N.D.); Kylie Martin, Dakota State (S.D.); MacKinze Thill-Urbanek, Waldorf (Iowa); Alison McNeal, Rio Grande (Ohio); Mackenzie Boles, Indiana East; Alexis Flores, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Ashley O'Neill, Siena Heights (Mich.); Jordan Irvin, Indiana Tech; Heather Williams, Lourdes (Ohio); Mallory Bont, Davenport (Mich.)2016-17 Women's Indoor T&F Composite Award Winners (Field, Track)
Week 1 (January 18): Kelbie Lyon, Hastings (Neb.) , Stephanie Johnston, Concordia (Mich.)
Week 2 (January 25): Sara Olsen, Hastings (Neb.) , Natali Engle, Friends (Kan.)
Week 3 (February 1): Kelbie Lyon, Hastings (Neb.) , Anna Shields, Point Park (Pa.)
Week 4 (February 8): Allie Brooks, Concordia (Neb.) , Adri Sigafoose, Aquinas (Mich.)