NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Player of the Week - No. 11 (Feb. 21)
Photo provided by Friends Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Shann Sellers of Friends (Kan.) has been named the final 2017 NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Sellers was selected for her performance during the week of Feb. 13 – 19 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Shann Sellers, Friends (Kan.)
5-8, Sr., G, Dallas, Texas
• Finished one-off the NAIA single-game record for steals with 14 in a Falcon win over Bethany (Kan.), 106-57.
• Sellers flirted with a quadruple-double in an 81-57 win over Kansas Wesleyan, as she netted 24 points, pulled down 12 rebounds, and added seven assists and eight steals.
• With the regular-season at a close, Sellers led the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference (KCAC) all year in scoring, steals, assists and field goal percentage. In NAIA Division II, Sellers averaged 6.4 steals per game – 2.5 better than the next player.
• Holds the No. 1 ranking in four major statistical categories in NAIA DII – points per game (24.6), steals per game (6.4), total steals (184) and total scoring (713).
• This is Sellers' second National Player of the Week award this season (Feb. 14).
For a complete list of all the Division I Women’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Dekoya Mack, Allen (S.C.); Miranda Langenhorst, Northwest (Wash.); Savannah Shamblin, WVU Tech; Kara Krolicki, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Emily Moore, Benedictine Mesa (Ariz.); Megan Beidelman, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Hanah Barnard, Doane (Neb.); Bailey Hooker, Southeastern (Fla.); Alli Vandal, Valley City State (N.D.); April Watson, Siena Heights (Mich.)
2016-17 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 29): Kassidy De Jong, Northwestern (Iowa)
Week 2 (December 6): Mary Janovich, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 3 (December 13): Jesse Sheridan, Cornerstone (Mich.)
Week 4 (January 3): Petra Lumpert, College of Idaho
Week 5 (January 10): Rebecca Cheeks, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Week 6 (January 17): Lauren McBryar, Saint Francis (Ind.)
Week 7 (January 24): Keanna Gary, Indiana Tech
Week 8 (January 31): Imani White, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 9 (February 7): Cassidy Deno, Purdue Northwest (Ind.)
Week 10 (February 14): Shann Sellers, Friends (Kan.)
Week 11 (February 21): Shann Sellers, Friends (Kan.)