By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Justin Flint of Keiser (Fla.) and Dakota Lambing of Cumberlands (Ky.) have been named NAIA Men’s Lacrosse National Players of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. These two were selected based on their performance from Feb. 20 – 26 and were chosen out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Justin Flint, Keiser (Fla.)
Jr., A, Endicott, N.Y.
• Led the Seahawks to a 2-0 start in their inaugural season.
• Flint scored 12 goals, recorded five assists and earned 17 points in two games.
• Posted a game-high seven goals and 13 shots, to win against Montreat (N.C.), 22-1.
• Flint also recorded a game-high four assists against Point (Ga.) in the first ever game for the Seahawks.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.)
So., G, West Chester, Ohio
• Lambing limited its opponents to just four goals across two games last week.
• Recorded the Patriots first shutout against Clarke (Iowa) with nine saves in a 16-0 victory.
• Allowed only four goals and recorded 13 saves against St. Ambrose (Iowa) in an 8-4 victory.
Offensive Nominees: Andy Coulter, Missouri Baptist ; Jack Cioffi, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ; Cole Hennings, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Defensive Nominees: Jake Padden, Keiser (Fla.) ; Robert Ates, Missouri Baptist2016-17 Men's Lacrosse Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (Feb. 28): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.) , Justin Flint, Keiser (Fla.)