By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Luke Wyatt of Cumberlands (Ky.) was selected as this week’s NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week, while Conner Mishler of Lourdes (Ohio) is this week’s National Defensive Player of the Week. They were selected for their performances during the week of March 6 – 12 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners
National Offensive Player of the Week
Luke Wyatt, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Fr., A, Springboro, Ohio
• Wyatt recorded a team-high seven points as the Patriots fell to two top five opponents this week.
• Against then-No. 5 Siena Heights (Mich.), Wyatt recorded a hat trick as the Patriots tried to mount a comeback in 9-6 loss.
• Wyatt followed his hat trick with two goals against and two assists against then-No. 1 Missouri Valley in a 13-9 loss.
• Leads the NAIA in total shots (67) and is ranked No. 2 in total shots on goal (38).
• This is Wyatt’s first National Player of the Week honor.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Conner Mishler, Lourdes (Ohio)
Sr., GK, Lambertville, Mich.
• Mishler helped keep Lourdes undefeated as the Gray Wolves defeated two Top 10 opponents.
• On the week, Mishler earned a save percentage of .575.
• During the win against then-No. 8 SCAD Savannah (Ga.), Mishler recorded 14 saves in a 14-13 victory.
• During the win against then-No. 3 Reinhardt (Ga.). Mishler posted 15 saves in a 9-4 victory.
Offensive Nominees: Jared Yoshino, Lourdes (Ohio); Pearson Willis, Ottawa (Kan.); Craig Marentette, Keiser (Fla.); Austin Dahl, Missouri Baptist; Zach Cagle, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Jack Cioffi, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
Defensive Nominees: Brandon Shouvely, Keiser (Fla.); Grant Sufferling, Reinhardt (Ga.); Connor Goonan, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Austin Degross, Missouri Valley
2016-17 Men's Lacrosse Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (March 1): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.) , Justin Flint, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (March 8): Tyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.) , Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Week 3 (March 15): Conner Mishler, Lourdes (Ohio) , Luke Wyatt, Cumberlands (Ky.)