2017 NAIA Women's Lacrosse National Players of the Week - No. 4 (March 21)
By Nikki Sherrill, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Rachel Kidwell of Georgetown (Ky.) was selected as this week’s NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Defensive Player of the Week and Jessica Lemcke of Davenport (Mich.) is this week’s National Offensive Player of the Week. They were selected for their performances during the week of March 13 – 19 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Offensive Player of the Week
Jessica Lemcke, Davenport (Mich.)
Sr., A, Whitby, Ontario
• In a 2-0 week for the Panthers, Lemcke recorded 36 percent of the team’s goals as she earned 17-of-47 for Davenport.
• During a 29-10 win over then No. 10 Siena Heights (Mich.), Lemcke scored a school-record 10 goals with 14 points.
• Lemcke documented 20 shots on goal as well as six assists and three ground balls during the two wins.
• Holds the No. 1 ranking in two major statistical categories – goals per game (5.7) and points per game (7.7).
• This is Lemcke’s first National Player of the Week honor.
Defensive Player of the Week
Rachel Kidwell, Georgetown (Ky.)
So., GK, Cincinnati, Ohio
• In the cage for Georgetown, Kidwell helped her team to a 1-1 week, with the loss coming to NCAA Division II Slippery Rock (Pa.).
• Kidwell recorded 13 saves in each contest for a total of 26 on the week.
• Earned her a save percentage of .521 in her time behind the net in the two contests.
• Ranks No. 8 in the NAIA in total saves (63) and No. 13 in saves per game (9).
• This is Kidwell’s first National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Lacrosse statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive: Merrisa Heraldson, Georgetown (Ky.); Mernyse Bruce, Cumberlands (Ky.); India Cyr, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Stephanie Hilker, Ave Maria (Fla.); Mckenna Fisher, Missouri Baptist; Sydney Knego, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
Defensive: Emily Crump, Cumberlands (Ky.); Sydney Davis, Indiana Tech; Libby Welsh, Ave Maria (Fla.); Shannon Flaherty, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
2017 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (February 28): Defensive, Kelly Friere, Reinhardt (Ga.); Offensive, Becan Hennighan, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 2 (March 7): Defensive, Emily Cabrera, Cumberlands (Ky.); Offensive, Samantha Tullar, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 3 (March 14): Defensive, Marie Klonowski, Lawrence Tech (Mich.); Offensive, Jasmine Hickman, Tennessee Wesleyan
Week 4 (March 21): Defensive, Rachel Kidwell, Georgetown (Ky.); Offensive, Jessica Lemcke, Davenport (Mich.)