By Nikki Sherrill, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Ryann Deuel of Davenport (Mich.) was selected as this week’s NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Defensive Player of the Week and Brooke Knoll also of Davenport is this week’s National Offensive Player of the Week. They were selected for their performances during the week of March 20 – 26 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Offensive Player of the Week
Brooke Knoll, Davenport (Mich.)
Sr., ATT, Castle Rock, Colo.
• In three wins for the Panthers, Knoll accounted for 17 goals, including the game-winner with 1:27 left in overtime against then-No. 3 Indiana Tech.
• Knoll was highly accurate on the week, as she had 20 shots, including 19 on goal.
• During the big win over Indiana Tech, Knoll had a week-high eight goals. That added to her total of 34 on the season.
• Holds the No. 2 ranking in the NAIA in points per game (6.3), No. 3 in goals per game (4.9) and No. 4 in total goals (34).
• This is Knoll’s first National Player of the Week honor.
Defensive Player of the Week
Ryann Deuel, Davenport (Mich.)
Fr., D, Rockford, Mich.
• Set the school record for draw controls in a game, as she recorded 20 in a 29-1 win over Concordia (Mich.).
• During the 18-17 overtime victory against then-No. 3 Indiana Tech, Deuel added eight draw controls and caused four turnovers.
• Ended the week with 16 draw controls and three caused turnovers in a 30-0 shutout win over Madonna (Mich.).
• This is Deuel’s first National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Lacrosse statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive: Sable Hawkins, Point (Ga.); Jade Lawson, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Maria Johnson, Keiser (Fla.); Drew Dowgiallo, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Katelyn Sherman, Ave Maria (Fla.); Julia Robson, Marian (Ind.); Mary McEnerney, Benedictine (Kan.); Avery Blackmon, Georgetown (Ky.)
Defensive: Emma Gross, Point (Ga.); Mary Reich, Keiser (Fla.); Tori Alexander, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Bianca Ballarin, Ave Maria (Fla.); Samantha Dearing, Georgetown (Ky.); Taryn St. Louis, Benedictine (Kan.)
2017 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (February 28): Defensive, Kelly Friere, Reinhardt (Ga.); Offensive, Becan Hennighan, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 2 (March 7): Defensive, Emily Cabrera, Cumberlands (Ky.); Offensive, Samantha Tullar, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 3 (March 14): Defensive, Marie Klonowski, Lawrence Tech (Mich.); Offensive, Jasmine Hickman, Tennessee Wesleyan
Week 4 (March 21): Defensive, Rachel Kidwell, Georgetown (Ky.); Offensive, Jessica Lemcke, Davenport (Mich.)
Week (March 28): Defensive, Ryann Deuel, Davenport (Mich.); Offensive, Brooke Knoll, Davenport (Mich.)