By Nikki Sherrill, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Teresa Petruccelli of Benedictine (Kan.) was selected as this week’s NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Defensive Player of the Week and Isabelle Vickers from Lawrence Tech (Mich.) is this week’s National Offensive Player of the Week. They were selected for their performances during the week of April 3 – 9 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Offensive Player of the Week
Isablle Vickers, Lawrence Tech (Mich.)
Jr., M, Rockford, Mich.
• Finished a 2-0 week for Lawrence Tech with 14 points and collecting seven draw controls.
• Vickers went 3-for-5 in shots on goal in a 14-7 win over then-No. 3 Indiana Tech and was 6-for-8 in an 11-point game against then-No. 10 Siena Heights (Mich.).
• For the week, Vickers caused three turnovers of her opponents.
• Holds the No. 12 ranking nationally in total assists (17) and No. 13 in assists per game (1.6).
• This is Vickers’ first National Player of the Week honor.
Defensive Player of the Week
Teresa Petruccelli, Benedictine (Kan.)
Fr., GK, Rockville, Md.
• Helped earn a 14-7 win over Midland (Neb.) to give her Benedictine squad the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference title as she stepped in for Taryn St. Louis.
• Behind the net, Petruccelli recorded 12 saves – one of the team-highs for the season.
• Eight of her 12 saves came in the second half, helping the Ravens limit Midland to just two goals off 11 shots late in the game.
• Earned a save percentage of .631 in the victory.
• This is Petruccelli’s first National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Lacrosse statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive: Stacy Rohan, Missouri Baptist; Shannon Flaherty, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Jade Lawson, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Kendra Blackstock, Columbia (S.C.); Sarah Wade, Ave Maria (Fla.); Kori Garland, Marian (Ind.); Mary McEnerney, Benedictine (Kan.)
Defensive: Ryann Deuel, Davenport (Mich.); Emma Devereaux, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Tiffany Tortorello, Columbia (S.C.); Libby Welsh, Ave Maria (Fla.)
2017 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (February 28): Defensive, Kelly Friere, Reinhardt (Ga.); Offensive, Becan Hennighan, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 2 (March 7): Defensive, Emily Cabrera, Cumberlands (Ky.); Offensive, Samantha Tullar, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 3 (March 14): Defensive, Marie Klonowski, Lawrence Tech (Mich.); Offensive, Jasmine Hickman, Tennessee Wesleyan
Week 4 (March 21): Defensive, Rachel Kidwell, Georgetown (Ky.); Offensive, Jessica Lemcke, Davenport (Mich.)
Week 5 (March 28): Defensive, Ryann Deuel, Davenport (Mich.); Offensive, Brooke Knoll, Davenport (Mich.)
Week 6 (April 4): Defensive, Samantha Tullar, Cumberlands (Ky.); Offensive, Avery Blackmon, Georgetown (Ky.)
Week 7 (April 11): Defensive, Teresa Petruccelli, Benedictine (Kan.); Offensive, Isabelle Vickers, Lawrence Tech (Mich.)