Baseball Pitcher of the Week
Matt Oxner, St. Gregory’s (Okla.)
6-4, Jr., P, San Jose, Calif.
• Tossed a complete game in St. Gregory’s 2-1 victory over top-ranked Oklahoma City on April 20.
• Scattered eight hits over the course of nine innings after carrying a no-hitter into the fifth inning.
• Totaled eight strikeouts and five walks.
• The victory marked the first time that the Cavaliers had defeated the No. 1 team since 2002.
• This is Oxner’s first National Pitcher of the Week honor.
Baseball Player of the Week
Stephan Zanoni, Clarke (Iowa)
6-0, Jr., 3B, Meridian, Idaho
• Led Clarke to a 5-1 week, including a pair of wins against No. 5 Central Methodist (Mo.) on April 18.
• Hit .773 (17-for-22) over the six games with five home runs, two doubles and 17 RBI.
• In a victory over MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.), the junior homered in his first three at-bats en route to a 4-for-4 effort at the plate.
• Posted a slugging percentage of 1.545.
• This is Zanoni’s first National Player of the Week honor.
For the complete list of national statistical leaders, click here.
For the entire national player of the week calendar, click here.
Player Nominees: Drew Kitson, Missouri Baptist; Alfred Cruz, Tennessee Wesleyan; William Garcia, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Greg Wymer, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Jaime Montero, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); J.J. Robinson, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Brett Thompson, Hope International (Calif.); Cameron Gingerich, Dordt (Iowa); Mitch Robinson, British Columbia; Tad Mitchell, College of the Ozarks (Mo.); Jordan Wilkerson, Saint Mary (Kan.); Anthony Roberts, Pikeville (Ky.); Derik Bontempo, Bellevue (Neb.); Cade Thomason, Texas A&M Texarkana; Tanner Levine, WVU Tech; Kiki Menendez, Texas Wesleyan; Gabriel Matias, Bethel (Tenn.); Tivon Faneyte, Keiser (Fla.); Brenden Johnson, Aquinas (Mich.).
Pitcher Nominees: Caulin Cragle, Central Baptist (Ark.); Landon Kincaid, St. Andrews (N.C.); Tyler Sharp, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Nick Campe, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Brody Harris, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Jimmy Gallarda, Biola (Calif.); Dakota Stone, Mount Marty (S.D.); Alberto Rosario, Peru State (Neb.); Connor Noble, British Columbia; Alex Stephens, College of the Ozarks (Mo.); Blake Randazzo, Oklahoma Wesleyan; Indalecio Romo, Campbellsville (Ky.); Andrew Frank, Valley City State (N.D.); Matt Burrows, Jarvis Christian (Texas); Trent Downs, Rio Grande (Ohio); Tyler Tungate, Faulkner (Ala.); Jamal Wilson, Southeastern (Fla.); Damon Proctor, Northwestern Ohio.
2016-17 Baseball Composite Award Winners (Pitcher, Player)
Week 1 (March 21): Nolan Krivijanski, Point Park (Pa.); Randy Ventura, Science & Arts (Okla.)
Week 2 (March 28): Logan Underhill, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Brandon Shaffer, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 3 (April 4): Derik Bontempo, Bellevue (Neb.); Nicholas Beardsley, Point Park (Pa.)
Week 4 (April 11): Billy Damon, York (Neb.); Robert Winslow, The Master’s (Calif.)
Week 5 (April 18): Brady Nygaard, Mayville State (N.D.); Zach Draper, College of Idaho
Week 6 (April 25): Matt Oxner, St. Gregory’s (Okla.); Stephan Zanoni, Clarke (Idaho)