By Spencer Scheve, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. – For the second-straight poll, the three-time national champions Keiser (Fla.) captures the No. 1 spot in the final regular-season NAIA Men's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Thursday. The Seahawks earned 18 first-place votes and 498 total points to remain in control. The postseason Top 25 Poll will be released on Friday, June 2.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||LAST^||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) (18)||498|
|2||2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||481|
|5||5||Dalton State (Ga.)||434|
|7||7||William Woods (Mo.)||406|
|8||8||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||386|
|12||11||William Carey (Miss.)||330|
|15||13||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||282|
|24||25||William Penn (Iowa)||138|
|25||24||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||131|
Receiving Votes: Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 96; Bellevue (Neb.) 85; Biola (Calif.) 51; St. Andrews (N.C.) 39; Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 32; Brenau (Ga.) 12; Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 11; Corban (Ore.) 11; Columbia (Mo.) 5; Southwestern Christian (Okla.) 3; Midway (Ky.) 3