By Chad Waller, NAIA Director of Athletics Communications & Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Caitlin Dumond of Martin Methodist (Tenn.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Soccer Defensive Player of the Week and teammate Katie Reid has been named the NAIA National Women’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Dumond and Reid were selected based on their performances from Sept. 11 – 17, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Offensive Player of the Week Katie Reid, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) Sr., F, Manchester, Tenn.
- Reid’s highlight of the week was the game-winning goal in a 2-0 victory over No. 1 Spring Arbor (Mich.) Sept. 16 at the Lindsey Wilson Classic.
- Weekly Stats:
- Posted two goals, one assist and five points in two wins over Top 25 opponents.
- In the other Martin Methodist (Tenn.) win, Reid also had a goal and an assist in the 2-0 victory over No. 18 Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) on Sept. 15.
- Becomes second Redhawk player in the last three weeks to win the National Offensive Player of the Week honor.
Defensive Player of the Week Caitlin Dumond, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) So., GK, Harker Heights, Texas
- Dumond claimed two shutout wins in the goal against two ranked teams last week.
- Weekly Stats:
- Posted 13 total saves in 180 minutes with zero goals allowed.
- Made seven saves in the win over No. 18 Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) on Sept. 15.
- Finished with six stops in the blanking against No. 1 Spring Arbor (Mich.).
Offensive Nominees: Laurie Frew, Columbia (Mo.); Makena Giles, Bryan (Tenn.); Jennifer Salinger, UC Merced; Olivia De La Rosa, St. Francis (Ill.); Bethany Balcer, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Lauryn Gamache, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Jackie Lopez, Westmont (Calif.); Victoria Cera, Concordia (Neb.); Judith Sainz, Central Methodist (Mo.); Julia Schojan, Fisher (Mass.); Danielle Kakebeen, McPherson (Kan.); Jodi DeJohn, Georgetown (Ky.); Jessica Sanchez, LSU Alexandria; Mia Wiersema, Asbury (Ky.); Allie Gordon, Science & Arts (Okla.); Olivia Taylor, Thomas (Ga.); Nicolette Vultaggio, Madonna (Mich.).
Defensive Nominees: Alexandra Lair, Missouri Baptist; Polly Holt, Bryan (Tenn.); Anekha Birdi, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Jessica Kiely, St. Francis (Ill.); Brenna Malatestinic, Marian (Ind.); Devan Murfitt, Carroll (Mont.); Amanda Valentine, Vanguard (Calif.); Hannah Bowes, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Luci Brasil, Central Methodist (Mo.); Kodie Johnson, Ottawa (Kan.); Michaela Garner, Shawnee State (Ohio); Hanna DeVries, Waldorf (Iowa); Brittany Garrido, Southwest (N.M.); Sarah Balkcom, Asbury (Ky.); Jennifer Starwalt, Mid-America Christian (Okla.); Natalia McElrath, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Maria Lulgjuraj, Concordia (Mich.).
2017 Women’s Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (Sept. 5): Romane Salvador, University of Northwestern Ohio; Millene Cabral, Martin Methodist (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Sept. 12): Sarah Klunder, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Sienna Nealon, John Brown (Ark.)
Week 3 (Sept. 19): Caitlin Dumond, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Katie Reid, Martin Methodist (Tenn.)