By Trevor Lininger, NAIA Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Exavier Edwards of Midland (Neb.), Quinn McQueary of Montana Tech, and Cole Wiseman of Doane (Neb.) were named the NAIA Football National Players of the Week, the national office announced Monday. The trio were chosen for their performances during the week of Sept. 18 – 24 and were selected out of a pool of conference award winners.
Special Teams Player of the Week
Exavier Edwards, Midland (Neb.)
Sr., KR/DB, Irvine, Calif.
- Edwards gave Midland the lead in the last two minutes of the game with a kickoff returned for a touchdown that ended up being the deciding score in the game.
- Weekly Stats:
- Returned two kickoffs for touchdowns
- Long of 97 yards for a touchdown
- 188 yards total on four returns
Offensive Player of the Week
Quinn, McQueary, Montana Tech
Sr., QB, Manhattan, Mont.
- McQueary led Montana Tech to a victory over No. 23 Eastern Oregon while scoring six touchdowns on the day
- Weekly Stats:
- Completed 23-of-38 passing attempts for 341 yards
- Tied a school record with five touchdown passes on the day
- Ran for 34 yards and one touchdown
Defensive Player of the Week
Cole Wiseman, Doane (Neb.)
Sr., DB, Sutton, Neb.
- Wiseman tied a school record with 3 interceptions against Concordia (Neb.)
- Weekly Stats:
- Returned one interception 55 yards for a touchdown
- One blocked field goal attempt
- Three solo tackles and two assisted tackles
For more information on NAIA football, click here.
For a complete listing of al lthe national statistical leaders, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Erik Anderson, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Kendell Davis, Missouri Baptist; Jeremy Carr, SAGU (Texas); Blake Ingleton, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Christian Gordon, Southwestern (Kan.); Logan Brettell, Baker (Kan.); Tyson Kooima, Northwestern (Iowa); Dj Davis, Warner (Fla.); Ronnie Chambliss, Reinhardt (Ga.); Hayden Gibson, Dickinson State (N.D.)
Defensive Nominees: Jay Woods, Cumberlands (Ky.); Brenden Smith, Marian (Ind.); Michael Nealy, Wayland Baptist (Texas); DeAnthony Patrick, Cumberland (Tenn.); Joey Williams, Edward Waters (Fla.); Nate McLaurin, Baker (Kan.); Reggie Young, Bethel (Kan.); Tyson Kee, Southeastern (Fla.); Cain Boschee, Dickinson State (N.D.); Isiah Carter, Southern Oregon; Kevin Block, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
Special Teams Nominees: Joe Rose, Cumberlands (Ky.); Dovi Gamble, Taylor (Ind.); Daniel Martinez, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Levi Lynde, Montana Tech; AJ Flodman, Peru State (Neb.); Jared Dougherty, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Mario Esparza, Southwestern (Kan.); Trevon Jackson, Warner (Fla.); Abdul Mahdi, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
2017-18 Football Composite Award Winners (Offensive, Defensive, Special Teams)
Week 1 (Sept. 11): Quinn McQueary, Montana Tech; Dominic Swillum, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Griff Amies, Rocky Mountain (Mont.).
Week 2 (Sept. 18): Nick Ferrer, Saint Francis (Ind.); Romon Morris, Pikeville (Ky.); AJ Allen, Doane (Neb.)
Week 3 (Sept. 25): Quinn McQueary, Montana Tech; Cole Wiseman, Doane (Neb.); Exavier Edwards, Midland (Neb.)