By Katie Green, Manager of Athletic Communications and Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – With a 2-0 record, Reinhardt (Ga.) garners the No. 1 ranking in the first edition of the 2018 NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. The Eagles claimed eight first-place votes and 98 total points.
Top 10 Highlights
- The Eagles are one of three teams – Missouri Valley and former member Davenport (Mich.) – all-time to rest in the No. 1 position.
- Four teams in the top 10 are in the Wolverine Hoosier Conference.
- The top four remained the same from the preseason poll.
- Only four of the 10 ranked teams have a different rank from the preseason poll.
joined the Top 10 – No. 6 Siena Heights (Mich.) newcomers
- The rating committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/group.
- Each conference/group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
- Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
2018 NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll (February 27, 2018)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||Reinhardt (Ga.) ||2-0||98|
|6||NR||Siena Heights (Mich.)||2-0||66|
|8||7||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||1-0||59|
|9||9||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||3-1||47|
|10||10||Saint Mary (Kan.)||2-0||46|
Dropped from the Top 10: Missouri Baptist (No. 5)
Receiving Votes: Missouri Baptist 40, Madonna (Mich.) 29, Benedictine (Kan.) 24, Tennessee Wesleyan 20, Lourdes (Ohio) 19