By Katie Green, Manager of Athletic Communications and Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – With a 2-0 record to open the season, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) remains the No. 1 team in the latest installment of the 2018 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. The Bees claimed all eight first-place votes and 98 total points.
Top 10 Highlights
- SCAD Savannah enters the 2018 season vying for a second-straight national invitational title.
- The Bees own 20 all-time No. 1 rankings, which is the most all-time in NAIA women’s lacrosse.
newcomersjoined the Top 10 – No. 9 Keiser (Fla.)
- Cumberlands (Ky.) made a big jump up in the latest poll from No. 7 to No. 3.
- No team has ever spent an entire season ranked No. 1.
- The rating committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/group.
- Each conference/group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
- Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
2018 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll (February 27, 2018)
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||2-0||98|
|2||2||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||1-1||88|
|8||10||Siena Heights (Mich.)||1-0||55|
Dropped from the Top 10: No. 6 Ave Maria (Fla.)
Receiving Votes: Ave Maria 42, Benedictine (Kan.) 28, Marian (Ind.) 26, Columbia (S.C) 19, Aquinas (Mich.) 15