KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the third-straight edition, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) owns the No. 1 ranking in the NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Friday. The Bees captured all 18 first-place votes and 498 total points.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000, excluding 2006 polls)
• SCAD Savannah owns the No. 1 ranking for the 14th time in program history.
• In their most recent event, the Bees took eighth out of 43 teams at the Edwin Watts / Kiawah Island Classic in Kiawah Island, S.C. Paulina Camacho tied for sixth in the tournament with a 54-hole total of 216. – five strokes off the lead.
• SCAD Savannah returns to the course March 18 – 20 at the Morehead State Citrus Challenge in Sorrento, Fla.
• No new teams joined the Top 25 this edition.
• Since 2006, No. 10 William Woods (Mo.) and SCAD Savannah hold the active record for consecutive Top 25 appearances with 71-straight polls.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll - No. 3
|RANK||PRVS||SCHOOL [1ST PLACE VOTES]||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) (18)||498|
|2||2||Dalton State (Ga.)||482|
|4||6||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||448|
|7||8||William Carey (Miss.)||388|
|8||9||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||382|
|9||11||University of Northwestern Ohi||360|
|10||10||William Woods (Mo.)||357|
|18||20||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||215|
|21||19||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||173|
|22||21||William Penn (Iowa)||163|
Others Receiving Votes: Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 89; Marian (Ind.) 70; Tennessee Wesleyan 40; Campbellsville (Ky.) 33; Oregon Tech 27; Morningside (Iowa) 24; Saint Francis (Ind.) 18; Bellevue (Neb.) 10; Briar Cliff (Iowa) 6; Corban (Ore.) 3; Indiana Wesleyan 3.