KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) holds the No. 1 ranking in the second regular-season edition of the 2018 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. The Bees claimed all seven first-place votes and 82 total points.
Top 10 Highlights
• SCAD Savannah enters the week with a 5-0 record, including a 20-12 victory over No. 3 Lawrence Tech last Friday.
• The Bees boast 21 all-time No. 1 rankings, which is the most all-time in NAIA women’s lacrosse.
• Marian (Ind.) is the lone newcomer to the Top 10. The Knights are 4-1 on the year. The squad’s most notable win
• No team has ever spent an entire season ranked No. 1
• The rating committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/group.
• Each conference/group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
• Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
• For the complete rating calendar, click here.
2018 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – No. 2 (March 13, 2018)
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES)||2018 RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) (7)||5-0||82|
|3||2||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||4-2||73|
|4||8||Siena Heights (Mich.)||3-1||65|
Dropped from the Top 10: Ottawa (Kan.) (No. 10)
Others Receiving Votes: Benedictine (Kan.) 35; Ottawa (Kan.) 23; Aquinas (Mich.) 23; Columbia (S.C.) 13; Ave Maria (Fla.) 11; Lourdes (Ohio) 9.