By Jed Flemming, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the fifth-consecutive week, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) is the No. 1 ranked team in the NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Friday. The Bees garnered 16 first-place votes and 497 total points.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000, excluding 2006 polls)
• SCAD Savannah owns the No. 1 ranking for the 16th time in program history
• William Woods (Mo.) is the only new team to crack the Top 5 this week. This is their first appearance in the Top 5 since Aug. 26, 2016
• SCAD Savannah returns to the course at the end of April for the Sun Conference Championships
• Marian (Ind.) is the only new team in the Top 25 this week. The Knights rejoin for the first time since Sept. 29th, 2017
• Since 2006, William Woods and SCAD Savannah hold the active record for consecutive Top 25 appearances with 73-straight polls.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||497|
|2||2||Dalton State (Ga.) ||477|
|3||3||British Columbia ||471|
|4||4||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||450|
|5||6||William Woods (Mo.)||424|
|7||9||William Carey (Miss.)||397|
|9||8||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||375|
|19||20||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||204|
|22||22||William Penn (Iowa)||171|
|23||23||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||150|
Dropped from the Top 25: Bethel (Ind.)
Others Receiving Votes: Bethel (Ind.) 87; Tennessee Wesleyan 74; Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 52; Oregon Tech 28; Indiana Wesleyan 26; Campbellsville (Ky.) 24; Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 20; Morningside (Iowa) 8; Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 3