By Jed Flemming, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) finishes the season is the No. 1 spot for the sixth-poll in-a-row in the NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Thursday. The Bees garnered a unanimous 18 first-place votes and 498 total points.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000, excluding 2006 polls)
• SCAD Savannah owns the No. 1 ranking for the 17th time in program history
• The Bees continued their excellent season by winning The Sun Conference tournament by seven strokes.
• Oklahoma City is the only new team to enter the Top 10 of the poll. Oklahoma City rejoins the Top 10 for the first poll since Sept. 29, 2017.
• There are no new teams to enter into the Top 25 for the final poll of the regular season.
• Since 2006, William Woods (Mo.) and SCAD Savannah hold the active record for consecutive Top 25 appearances with 74-straight polls.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll - No. 6 (Final)
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||498|
|2||2||Dalton State (Ga.)||482|
|4||4||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||454|
|5||5||William Woods (Mo.)||430|
|8||7||William Carey (Miss.)||382|
|9||9||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||375|
|11||11||University of Northwestern Ohio||329|
|16||22||William Penn (Iowa)||242|
|20||19||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||206|
|23||23||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||138|
Others Receiving Votes: Tennessee Wesleyan 81; Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 67; Bethel (Ind.) 53; Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 41; Oregon Tech 25; Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 21; Indiana Wesleyan 16; Morningside (Iowa) 9; Briar Cliff (Iowa) 3