KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Darius-James Peterson of College of Idaho has been named the NAIA National Football Offensive Player of the Week, Kwame Sexton of Sterling (Kan.) has been named the NAIA National Football Defensive Player of the Week and Nathan Harden of Eastern Oregon has been named the NAIA National Football Special Teams Player of the Week, the national office announced Monday. The three student-athletes were nominated for their performances during the week of September 17 – 23 and were selected out of a pool of conference award winners.
Special Teams Player of the Week
Nathan Harden, Eastern Oregon
Sr., K, Graham, Wash.
- Tied the program record with five field goal attempts and set a new record with his fourth converted attempt of the day. Two of these field goals made occurred in overtime in a 54-51 win over then-No. 22 Montana Western.
- Weekly Stats:
- 4-for-5 in field goal attempts
- Seven total punts with a long of 53 yards
- 6-for-6 in point after attempts
Defensive Player of the Week
Kwame Sexton, Sterling (Kan.)
So., DB, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Led the Warriors in tackles in a tight game against Friends (Kan.) with 11 in the game.
- Weekly Stats:
- Nine solo tackles
- Three interceptions
Offensive Player of the Week
Darius-James Peterson, College of Idaho
Jr., QB, Novato, Calif.
- Set a College of Idaho school record with six total touchdowns on Saturday against then-No. 23 Rocky Mountain (Mont.).
- Weekly Stats:
- Third career game with over 400 yards
- 179 rushing yards
- Four rushing and two passing touchdowns
Offensive Nominees: Mason Blocker, Faulkner (Ala.) ; Jared Jordan, Siena Heights (Mich.) ; De'ontay Tate, Bethel (Tenn.) ; Kevin Batt, Robert Morris (Ill.) ; Connor Niles, Morningside (Iowa) ; Jaylen Lowe, Langston (Okla.) ; Austin Early, Southwestern (Kan.) ; Hilton Joseph, Waldorf (Iowa) ; M'Calun Lanier, Reinhardt (Ga.) ; Brandon Mueller, Baker (Kan.)
Defensive Nominees: Cameron Baxley, Cumberlands (Ky.) ; Jaron Green, Arizona Christian ; Keyon Lansdown, Robert Morris (Ill.) ; Tyson Burch, Webber International (Fla.) ; Piercen Harnish, Saint Francis (Ind.) ; Tyler Thrasher, Benedictine (Kan.) ; Arron Martin, Valley City State (N.D.) ; BJay Pelt, Campbellsville (Ky.) ; Ben Granstra, Northwestern (Iowa) ; Tyson Cooper, Southern Oregon
Special Teams Nominees: Josh Holberry, St. Francis (Ill.) ; Wesley Rubiera, Point (Ga.) ; Matt Plesac, Marian (Ind.) ; Landen Nealy, Avila (Mo.) ; Raul Avila, Evangel (Mo.) ; Senturian DuReaux, Bethel (Tenn.) ; Brett Gaines, Dordt (Iowa) ; Marcus Mannerstedt, Webber International (Fla.) ; Javier Medina, Oklahoma Panhandle State ; Cody Johnson, Dickinson State (N.D.)
2018-19 Football Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive, )
Week 1 (September 05): Sean Powell, Northwestern (Iowa
Week 2 (September 12): Bryce Van Beek, Northwestern (Iowa
Week 3 (September 19): Tori Williams, SAGU (Texas
Week 4 (September 26): Kwame Sexton, Sterling (Kan.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.