Men's soccer offensive player of the week
Erick Turner, Indiana Tech
5-11 JR F, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Tallied four of the five Warriors goals on the week, including the game-winner in the upset over No. 24 Madonna. Notched his second hat-trick of the season in the road win over Siena Heights, scoring twice in the first half to give Tech a 3-1 advantage. Scored just 2:23 into the game against the Crusaders with a header.
- Four goals
- One hat-trick
- Eight total points
Men's soccer defensive player of the week
Wilfred Nyamsi, Central Methodist (Mo.)
6-1 SR D, Paris, France
- Nyamsi was a key defensive factor in two shutout games on the road against nationally ranked conference opponents. Nyamsi's block of a potential tying-goal against No. 10 Baker led to a 1-0 victory; he also was a stalwart on the backline in a scoreless tie against No. 7 Missouri Valley.
- Led two shutout defensive efforts
- Tied No. 7 Missouri Valley, defeated No. 10 Baker
- Blocked an attempt by Baker to preserve the victory
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
For more information on NAIA Men's Soccer, click here.
For a complete listing of all national statistics, click here.Offensive Nominees: Emanuel Santos, Lyon (Ark.); Juan Gomez, Point (Ga.); Joshua Bynoe, Marymount California; Jordan Travis, Northwest (Wash.); Albert Arabik, Roosevelt (Ill.); Roderic Green, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Paul Anderson, William Jessup (Calif.); Robert Wiseman, Midland (Neb.); Felipe Hideki, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Stefan Cvetanovic, Oklahoma Wesleyan; Bakary Bagayoko, Cumberland (Tenn.); Anthonio Coletto, Waldorf (Iowa); Joash Williams, Wiley (Texas); Harry Reilly, Rio Grande (Ohio); Ryan Williams, John Brown (Ark.); Yazid Omri, Mobile (Ala.); Kensley Jean Baptiste, Ave Maria (Fla.)
Defensive Nominees: Gianni Santin, Lyon (Ark.); Torge Wiedenroth, Reinhardt (Ga.); David Hernandez, UC Merced; Shane Badertscher, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Kurt Hamlin, Grace (Ind.); Tulio Melo, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Victor Negrete, Vanguard (Calif.); Kieran Harrison, Hastings (Neb.); Sawyer Levy, Green Mountain (Vt.); Jean-Claude Swartz, Ottawa (Kan.); Bennet Strutz, Cumberland (Tenn.); Fernando Garcia, Wiley (Texas); Richard Dearle, Rio Grande (Ohio); Ziggy Camejo, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Guilherme Altoe, Mobile (Ala.); Ben Barnes, Thomas (Ga.); Edwin Rosado, Indiana Tech
Week 1 (September 05): Torge Wiedenroth, Reinhardt (Ga.) , Ram Keller, Southwestern (Kan.)
Week 2 (September 12): Ryan Harrisskitt, Columbia (Mo.) , Parker Moon, Columbia (Mo.)
Week 3 (September 19): Zach Weidman, Spring Arbor (Mich.) , Morris Kamara, Spring Arbor (Mich.)
Week 4 (September 26): Julien Gregoire, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) , Jonas Arcalean, Martin Methodist (Tenn.)
Week 5 (October 03): Liam Ward, Mid-America Christian (Okla.) , Aaron Whitten, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Week 6 (October 10): Wilfred Nyamsi, Central Methodist (Mo.) , Erick Turner, Indiana Tech