KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Stephanie Soares of The Master’s (Calif.) was named as the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball player of the week announced the national office on Tuesday. Soares was chosen out of a pool of conference group winners.
Player of the Week
Stephanie Soares, The Master’s
6-6, FR, C, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Soares recorded a double-double in each of the two contests she competed in against William Jessup (Calif.) (30 points-12 rebounds) and Menlo (Calif.) (13 points-13 rebounds).
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 43 points, 21.5 average
- Totaled 25 rebounds, 12.5 average
- Shot 21-of-32 (0.656) from the field
- Added two assists, 11 blocks and four steals to her stat line.
For more information on NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball, click here.
For a complete listing of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
Nominees: Alexis Shannon, Mid-America Christian (Okla.); Destinee King, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Brijanee Moore, Talladega (Ala.); Brianna King, Montana Western; Joy Hadley, Brewton-Parker (Ga.); Brianna Mueller, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Madison Faulkner, Campbellsville (Ky.); Tina Ubl, Clarke (Iowa)
2018-19 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 05): Peyton Greenlee, William Woods (Mo.)
Week 2 (December 12): Vanessa Murphy, Vanguard (Calif.)
Week 3 (January 02): Lexi Rich, SAGU (Texas)
Week 4 (January 09): Stephanie Soares, The Master's (Calif.)