KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kelbie Lyon of Hastings (Neb.) was named the NAIA indoor field athlete of the week and Anna Shields of Point Park (Pa.) was named the NAIA indoor track athlete of the week. The duo was chosen out of a pool of conference group winners.
Field Athlete of the Week
Kelbie Lyon, Hastings (Neb.)
SR, Doniphan, Neb.
- Lyon competed in the Ward Haylett Invitational last week.
- Weekly Stats
- Finished first of 29 with a mark of 14.10m in shot put
- Finished first of 35 with a mark of 17.68m in weight throw
- Both throws were NAIA “A” standards
Track Athlete of the Week
Anna Shields, Point Park (Pa.)
SR, Torrington, Conn.
- Shields competed in the Penn State Nittany Lion Challenge last week.
- Weekly Stats
- Finished first of 31 athletes in the 3,000m with a time of 9:39.19
- Finished second of 25 athletes in the 1,000m with a time of 2:42.51
- Shields’ 1,000m run is the current No. 1 time in the NAIA, No. 4 in the IAAF World Rankings and No. 2 in all of collegiate indoor track.
For more information on NAIA women’s indoor track & field, CLICK HERE
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!
2019 Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 16): Anna Shields, Point Park (Pa.)
2019 Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 16): Kelbie Lyon, Hastings (Neb.)