KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) captured its 17th No. 1 ranking in the latest edition of the 2019 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Sunday.
Top 10 Highlights
- SCAD Savannah captured its second invitational banner at the end of the 2018 season
- The Bees boast 27 all-time No. 1 rankings, which is the most all-time in NAIA women’s lacrosse.
- There are no newcomers to the preseason poll
- SCAD Savannah is the only team to be entire season ranked No. 1
- The rating committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/group.
- Each conference/group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
- Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!
2019 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Preseason Top 10 Poll
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||1-1||130|
|4||3||Cumberlands (Ky.) ||3-1||109|
|6||4||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||0-2||92|
|9||7||Siena Heights (Mich.)||0-0||67|
Receiving Votes: Marian (Ind.) 47, Aquinas (Mich.) 36, Lourdes (Ohio) 26, Point (Ga.) 22, Ottawa (Kan.) 11, Missouri Baptist 9, St. Andrews (N.C.) 5